What kind of material is MPPO (modified polyphenylene oxide)?
Release date：2018-08-30 The author： Click：
MPPO (PPO plastic)
Alias: (polyphenylene oxide)
English Name: poly (phenylene oxide)
Specific gravity: 1.07 g / cubic centimeter
Molding shrinkage: 0.3-0.8%
Molding temperature: 260-290 C
Drying conditions: 130 C 4
The tensile and impact strength of the high-pressure steam vessel treated 200 times at 132 C has no significant change. In addition, it has the characteristics of good dimensional stability, small creep, high insulation and so on. The long-term service temperature is - 127 ~ 120 C, and the uninterrupted work without load can reach 200 C, which is equivalent to the level of general thermosetting plastics.
Polyphenylene ether (PPE) is synthesized by oxidative coupling polymerization of 2,6-dimethylphenol in air or pure oxygen under the action of copper salt (such as cuprous chloride) and amine binder catalyst.
Polyphenylene oxide is easy to be processed, extruded, injected and molded. It is used to manufacture medical instruments instead of stainless steel, can withstand steam disinfection, also used in mechanical and electronic components, insulation materials, etc. Polyphenylene ether (PPE) and polystyrene (PS) blend modifier is a kind of engineering plastics and insulation material with excellent properties, which is named Noryl in the United States and can be reinforced by 20%~30% glass fiber and carbon fiber.
1, white granules. It has good comprehensive properties and can be used in 120 degree steam. It has good electrical insulation and low water absorption, but it has a tendency of stress cracking. Modified polyphenylene oxide can eliminate stress cracking.
2. Outstanding electrical insulation and water resistance, good dimensional stability. Its dielectric properties occupy the first place in plastics.
3. MPPO is a modified material blended with PPO and HIPS. At present, the materials on the market are all made of this kind of material.
4. Higher heat resistance, glass transition temperature 211 degrees, melting point 268 degrees, heating to 330 degrees have decomposition tendency, the higher the content of PPO, the better its heat resistance, thermal deformation temperature can reach 190 degrees.
5. Good flame retardancy and self interest. It is moderately combustible after mixing with HIPS. Light and non-toxic, it can be used in the food and drug industry. It has poor optical rotation resistance, and it will discolor for a long time in sunlight.
6, it can be modified with ABS, HDPE, PPS, PA, HIPS, glass fiber and so on.
1. It is suitable for making heat-resistant parts, insulation parts, friction and wear resistant parts, transmission parts, medical and electronic parts.
2. It can be used for gears, blades and valves at higher temperature, and can be used instead of stainless steel.
3. Screws, fasteners and connectors can be made.
4, electrical, rotor, chassis, transformer electrical parts.
1. amorphous material with little moisture absorption.
2. Poor fluidity, similar to Newtonian fluid, viscosity is more sensitive to temperature, product thickness is generally more than 0.8 mm. It is easy to decompose and produce corrosive gas when decomposing. The molding temperature should be strictly controlled, the mold should be heated, and the resistance of the gating system to material flow should be small.
3. The water absorption rate of polyphenylene ether is very low about 0.06%, but the trace of water will lead to non-smooth surface of the product, such as silver filament, it is best for drying, temperature can not be higher than 150 degrees, otherwise the color will change.
4, the molding temperature of polyphenylene oxide is 280-330 degrees, and the forming temperature of modified polyphenylene oxide is 260-285 degrees.
Prospects for development
PPO resin and MPPO engineering plastics are widely used in many fields due to their outstanding performance characteristics. However, due to the source of synthetic PPO resin and price constraints, many domestic and foreign enterprises can only carry out small-scale research and development and production, domestic and foreign market consumption and growth rate is far lower than the other four types of general engineering plastics, PPO engineering plastics used in the cutting-edge field is more limited. In the past 10 years, reducing the price of PPO resin and realizing the stable supply of PPO resin have become the common expectation of domestic modified engineering plastics industry and end users.
Polyphenylene oxide (PPO) is one of the five major engineering plastics in the world. It has excellent physical and mechanical properties, heat resistance, insulation and other properties, but because of poor fluidity of PPO, it is usually blended with other plastics to form engineering plastics alloy (MPPO), which is the most typical and the largest amount of engineering plastics alloy in the field of Engineering plastics. MPPO has excellent comprehensive performance and processing performance, so it has a wide range of applications in electronic and electrical appliances, household appliances, office automation machinery, automotive transport machinery, building materials, aviation and military fields, and become one of the core materials of the developing countries. Compared with the other four kinds of general engineering plastics, the technology level and industrialization gap between PPO and MPPO in China and the developed countries is the biggest.
The market of PPO engineering plastics generally appears as monomer, PPO resin and MPPO, and MPPO is the most common one. In the five general engineering plastics, MPPO engineering plastics have a lower scale and output than PBT, ranking fifth. In the past three years, with the economic recovery and the emergence of new market opportunities for MPPO, especially the strong market demand for shell materials for electronic information and cross-linked PP alloys for high-performance printed circuit boards, three major PPO production companies (GE, Mitsubishi Gas Chemistry, Asahi Chemicals, etc.) have expanded their production scale. By 2002, the world's 2,6-dimethylphenol monomer production capacity reached more than 250,000 tons per year, the total production of PPO resin reached 236,000 tons; the total production capacity of MPPO reached 465,000 tons, the actual output of about 400,000 tons, the output value of about 1.3 billion U.S. dollars. From the perspective of scale, output and market, GE has been dominant, accounting for 80% of the world's total.
Although PPO and MPPO engineering plastics have entered a mature and stable stage of development abroad, the global demand for MPPO will still increase at an average annual rate of 7%-10% in the next few years. In the next ten years, China's MPPO will enter market demand.
This article URL：http://en./news/430.html
Next:What is basalt fiber?